How long does a new roof installation take?
Our top roofing contractors work efficiently on every project so that you can resume your home or business life as usual.
Most residential roofing jobs will take a few days to complete. Large-scale commercial roofing projects can take several weeks to complete because of their complexity.
Can I cover my old roof?
Some building owners hope to cover their existing shingles instead of getting an entire roof replacement. However, we highly recommend avoiding this route. While opting for a second roof layer is much cheaper, you’ll sacrifice quality in the process.
And, we likely won’t be able to offer you a warranty on the materials and labor if you decide to add a second layer.
For a high-quality solution, we always recommend new roofs rather than trying to cover old ones.
What roofing materials can I choose from?
Roofing materials vary in appearance, cost, and longevity. There isn’t necessarily a “perfect” one for your home, but you shouldn’t pick one at random.
You can choose the ideal roofing material for your building by examining surrounding buildings. What kind of roofs do they have? You can’t go wrong with drawing inspiration from roofs in your area.
If you live in an HOA community, you should ensure that the roof material you want for your roof installation meets the organization’s requirements.
How can I prepare for my roof installation?
The roof installation process is quite intensive; you should prepare yourself for a lot of noise, dust, debris, and vibrations. Here are some tips to follow to make the experience as seamless as possible:
- Work out temporary arrangements for office workers, sleeping babies, and anxious pets: When our roofing contractors work on your new roof, you should expect some noise. Your building won’t be the ideal place for individuals who want to concentrate, rest, or feel at ease.
- Protect your attic or garage appropriately: The construction work on your building may or may not affect storage spaces like your attic or garage. Talk to your roofers in Portland, Oregon, to discuss how the project will impact areas like these and prepare the spaces appropriately to prevent damage.
- Remove valuable items from your home’s walls: Do you have precious family portraits hanging on the walls or delicate knick-knacks adorning bookshelves? If so, you should take these items down and pack them away temporarily. Otherwise, vibrations caused by roof repair may rattle your building and damage your precious valuables.
- Prepare for the cleanup process: Roofing services don’t come without some mess. Before you enlist roofing services, ask your Portland, Oregon roofing contractor about the protection they can offer your yard and what cleanup services they’ll provide.
How long will a new roof last?
The longevity of any roof construction project will vary depending on multiple factors — the installation crew’s skill, the quality of the roofing material, and the level of post-construction maintenance are just a few.
Most building owners can expect to get anywhere between 15 and 30 years out of their new roof.
You can prolong the life of your roof by performing regular roof cleaning. Some roof cleaning techniques you can try include:
- Trim back trees and landscaping to prevent debris falling on the roof
- Remove snow from your building’s covering
- Wipe off moss and mold spores
These methods won’t make your roof invincible, but they’ll extend its life by at least a few years. When you keep your building’s covering clean and free of debris, you can prevent leaks and other issues from developing.
Despite your best efforts, you’ll need roof repairs or replacement eventually — it’s inevitable. However, the process doesn’t have to be a tedious one. You can call our contractors at KVN Construction, and we’ll provide you with a free estimate for your roofing needs.
How much does professional roof installation cost?
The price of a new roof will vary depending on what kind of materials you want to use. On average, clients in Portland can expect to pay between $10,000 and $20,000 for a new covering. Roofing companies that promise to get the job done for a lower amount will likely perform low-quality work.
Some factors that can influence the price of your new covering include:
- Whether it needs new plywood
- The pitch
- The surface area
- The specifics of your current ventilation system
Our family-owned company can assess your roofing needs and provide a more accurate price. Get in touch today or visit our office on 85th Ave, Portland, Oregon.