Founded in the 1800s, the Portland Art Museum shares the world of fine art with the community. New exhibitions are displayed every year with works done by various artists. In addition to fabulous collections, the museum has a lot to offer visitors of all ages.
Keep reading below to learn more about how you can plan your trip and get the most out of your visit to Portland, OR.
The museum is located at 1219 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205. It’s not hard to get to the Portland Art Museum because the Portland, Oregon bus has several routes that stop here, including:
Once you get off the bus, you will only need to walk about four blocks from the bus stop to get to the building. You can also get further assistance by using your mobile device while walking. A map and bus schedule are available here for your convenience.
Several exciting programs that you can participate in with others are offered monthly. Keep reading to see some examples below of what you can catch while you’re in Portland, OR.
Artist Talk Series
During the artist talks series (held on the second Thursday of every month from 6-8 pm), artists are present in the showrooms to discuss their artwork with visitors. At the end of this program, there is a happy hour for guests.
Art and Conversation
On the third Tuesday of every month, between 9 and 10 a.m., you can have coffee while conversing with other guests after a lesson from a museum educator. Visitors 65 years of age or older may attend this event for free.
Midday Art Breaks
Join a tour of one of the museum’s unique collections with a Portland curator, museum educator, or special guest on the second Wednesday of each month at 12:30 p.m.
Photography Brown Bag Talks
Photographers, historians, curators, and collectors speak about photography at Portland Art Museum every Wednesday of the month.
Baby Mornings could be an excellent experience for you and your little ones. Infants and caregivers are welcome to visit the museum and enjoy the displays together. This event lasts for around 45 minutes, and refreshments are provided at the end.
Miller Family Free Day
Miller Family Free Day enables guests to survey shows through creative activities, demonstrations, and performances everyone can appreciate. As the name suggests, anyone can attend for free. Miller Family Free Day takes place in the springtime.
Below you will find a list of tours available for booking.
- Check the official museum website for days and times offered
- School and College
- Book field trips for students to have an educational experience
- The museum accommodates large parties if booked ahead of time
- Slow Looking/ Meditation
- Great for when visitors would like to take their time while viewing the galleries
- Children under the age of 17 are free
After seeing the museum at 1219 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205, you can visit some surrounding attractions, including:
- Oregon Historical Society. History buffs will love learning about the history of Oregon and seeing artifacts.
- Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. Witness amazing orchestra shows at the concert hall.
- Wildwood Adventures. Fun for the whole family, especially nature-lovers.
- Multnomah County Central Library. Here you’ll find a vast collection of books and other resources.
- Eat Adventures Food Tours. Dive into the food culture of Portland by joining this tour.
- Portland Farmer’s Market. Provides a large selection of local produce and treats to choose from.
- Tears of Joy Theatre. Live performances for all ages in Portland, Oregon.
- Domaine Serene Wine Lounge Portland. Relax and taste an assortment of wines from the area.
Don’t miss out on an amazing experience that could provide a day filled with fun. Go today and enjoy all that the Portland Art Museum offers!
Top roofers in Portland, OR specializing in roof repair & replacement. As Portland roofing contractors we are striving to be the best local company by providing high-quality craftsmanship by using Malarkey roofing products & shingles and also excellent customer service experience.