Trim is that final touch that completes your home’s design. Accentuate corners, columns, fascia, doors, windows and more with HardieTrim® boards. HardieTrim accentuates the natural beauty of your home with 5/4 size boards that reduces maintenance time and money spent on maintenance compared to wood trims. Also unlike wood, the HardieTrim is resistant to warping and rotting. The HardieTrim finishes are available in both smooth and rustic textures.
James Hardie siding and trim are Engineered for Climate so no matter where you live, you can rest assured that your investment is going to stand up to Mother Nature. Each piece of James Hardie substrate is engineered to resist moisture, cracking, shrinking and swelling in the Pacific Northwest, one of their many innovative designs that can make your home last longer and require less upkeep. HardieTrim boards are backed by a 15-year prorated limited warranty when using a Preferred installer like KVN.
HARDIEPANEL® VERTICAL SIDING
Re-siding your house with HardiePanel vertical siding—or combining it with HardiePlank® lap siding—is sure to add visual punch to your design.
Available in Cedarmill, Smooth, and Sierra 8 finishes, you can combine with HardieTrim® boards for a rustic board-and-batten look. Or, go for the more minimalist look of simple vertical lines.
One of their most popular options, the HardiePanel Vertical Siding is an excellent exterior feature that will not crack, rot, or fade. Like all of James Hardie siding, it comes with a 30-year prorated warranty, is fire resistant and won’t ignite when exposed to a fire directly. This durable product can withstand the conditions that our homes are exposed to in the Pacific Northwest climate, and it is the only choice when it comes to siding.
While they are most often associated with Cape Cod-style homes, shingles can add instant character to any style home, anywhere. For the distinct look of cedar shingles with less maintenance, choose HardieShingle siding available in a Staggered look that gives a rustic feel, and a Straight-Edge finish that offers a clean, traditional look.
You also have options when it comes to texture with HardieShingle in both Smooth and CedarMill giving your home a timeless design element, enhancing the architectural features of your entire home.
Soffits are key construction elements—they cover the underside of your roof eaves and exterior porch ceilings. We offer them in both smooth and vented profiles to meet aesthetic needs as well as code requirements. HardieSoffit® Panels. The Non-Vented CedarMill provides a raised texture that mimics wood, but unlike wood, it is resistant to warping and rotting. This style looks great on any home, particularly mountain retreats and ranch homes. It is also available in Vented CedarMill which mimics wood with vents to meet coding regulations, a style that is lovely for any home.
The Non-Vented and Vented options are also available in a smooth texture. The Vented Smooth finish is simple and elegant. You can pair with HardieTrim boards and HardiePlank lap siding in smooth finishes for a whole house that looks simple and polished. The Non-Vented Smooth finish is simple and elegant and can be paired with Smooth HardiePlank® lap siding for a consistent look. But if you prefer some contrast, pair these boards with HardiePlank lap siding in woodgrain-like Cedarmill texture.
Preferred James Hardie Installer AND Contractor
For over 20 years KVN Construction has been transforming the Exterior of homes throughout the Northwest. KVN specializes in complete Exterior Remodel and Renovation in Portland, OR and surrounding areas, adding beauty and protection to your home. We strive to install the best products including Siding materials that are long lasting, durable and low-maintenance.
Although it isn’t possible to become James Hardie Certified Installers in Portland OR, it is possible to join the James hardie Alliance Program which allows us to partner directly with James Hardie as one of their Preferred Installers. As a member of the Alliance Program, we come both highly qualified and recommended by James Hardie for all your siding, paneling and trim projects. Whether you need Siding Replacement in Portland, OR or Siding Installation in Portland, OR we recommend using the highest quality james hardie products that have proven to withstand and endure the most brutal wet climates found in the Greater North West.
30 Year Lifetime Warranty
At KVN construction, we use James Hardie products on both Residential and Commercial exterior siding projects by providing the best options for your home or business’ siding installation, repair, or replacement on LP, T1-11, Vinyl, Stucco, Old Cedar and Improperly Installed Fiber Cement Siding. Additionally, KVN Construction is part of the James Hardie Alliance Program, meaning we stay up to date on all James Hardie manufacturer specifications and we are proud to be a James Hardie Elite Preferred Siding Installer. James Hardie siding comes with a 30 year lifetime warranty, but only if your installer has followed the James Hardie Best Practices Guide.
As a Elite Preferred Installer, KVN has proven time and again that we install James Hardie products to meet the product’s’ unique specifications, ensuring that your siding and trim will meet the James Hardie’s warranty requirements. You can feel certain that your home’s exterior will last, require little maintenance, and save you money in the long run. Prior to being recognized as a Elite Preferred Contractor, James Hardie considers all of the following:
- Compliance with Installation Best Practices
- Regular & Random Installation Audits by James Hardie
- Professional Sales Approach
- Satisfactory record with the BBB or other Accredited Agency
- Satisfactory credit report
- State Licensed
- Liability insurance $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Workman’s compensation Insurance*
- Satisfactory background check with at least 6 past clients
Along with completing new siding and trim installations, KVN also performs siding repairs and/or replacements on all types of materials. Additionally, KVN includes clean-up, disposal and portable toilets on all job-sites in every estimate, an important factor to consider when choosing a siding contractor. We are your Preferred James Hardie Installer in Portland, OR, trusted, tested and reviewed in the Northwest.
WHY JAMES HARDIE PRODUCTS
- Fiber cement lasts longer and requires less maintenance than wood, it doesn’t attract pests, and it resists water absorption to help resist damage from mold, swelling and cracking, buying you more mileage for your dollar.
- James Hardie products not only require less maintenance than wood, you can also wash the product, you do not have to paint the siding as often as cedar, it lasts longer, and there is a warranty included when using KVN.
- James Hardie is the only siding company that engineers siding and trim products for specific climates, ensuring that you get the best performance for your region.
- James Hardie siding is more cost effective than cedar.
- James Hardie is committed to helping you build better, more sustainable projects by working with building science experts to understand the role our products play in the building envelope. Ten manufacturing facilities support the regional economy and reduce the environmental impact caused by transportation of materials, our raw materials are low in toxicity – wood pulp, cement, sand and water (recycled up to 4 times), and out longer lasting materials not only require fewer resources for replacement but also reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- Remodeling magazine has ranked re-siding with fiber cement the #1 return on investment when compared to other upscale remodeling projects.
- James Hardie is constantly upgrading their products as well as innovating new products while maintaining great relationships with their installers, including KVN who they are in communication with about installations and their product features.
You can feel great about your decision to go with Hardie Plank fiber
cement siding. You may also lower insurance premiums by using James Hardie’s 30 year non-prorated warranty, non-combustible, superior rot resistance, impervious to termite damage, is not susceptible to melting like vinyl siding.
Perfect For The Pacific NW Climate
This siding is completely rot and insect resistant and can even handle salt spray from the ocean. Hardie board siding is available in three different textures: Cedar Mill, a natural wood look great for mountain retreats or historic home; Smooth, a simple, clean look great for beach home or ranches; and Rustic. It is also available in a full spectrum of colors giving you many style options for the outside of your home.
Hardie board siding is 90 percent sand and cement which makes it fire-resistant. One example comes from house a fire in Minnesota that spread to two fire trucks parked 60 feet away, but the cement board siding home next door, just 50 feet away, remained unscathed.
Like all of James Hardie’s exterior home products, you can be sure that by using KVN as your Preferred Installer, the products will be long lasting, endure the elements, and will give your home a beautiful, natural look.
KVN Construction offers full exterior renovation and remodeling